Having an open fire just makes bush cooking so much easier.
G’day Roothy, what are you cooking up today? Well, that’s my whack-together Camp oven curried sausages recipe. Don’t worry how it looks, food always tastes better in a camp oven.
This recipe for curried sausages is one of my favourites, especially when you are away camping in winter like we are here today.
And i see you’re using a camp oven tripod, why’s that?
Great question, it allows me to hang the camp oven over the fire to allow for a gentle heat to heat up the bottom of the camp oven.
What ingredients are you using roothy?
Ahh well, I’ve got sausages, potatoes onions in there as a base and then I’ve added flavouring ingredients like garlic, ginger, curry powder.
And you cant have a stew without fruit, so I’ve added some cranberries and some sultanas added in there too.
Wow, that sounds delicious, what liquid do you put in your curried sausages? I’ve just added some water in there, and near the end, I’ll add in some green beans.
Once it’s cooked, Roothy and his mate sat around the campfire having a yarn and enjoying roothys camp oven curried sausages stew.
Wow Roothy, that’s bloody beautifully!
Roothy cackled and said, See i told you, my food tastes better cooked in a camp oven!
Products Roothy Used
Try Trevs Camp Oven Beef Stew
Roothys Camp Oven Curried Sausages Recipe
Roothys Curried SausagesCourse: MainCuisine: AustralianDifficulty: Medium
Having an open fire just makes bush cooking so much easier. This recipe for curried sausages is one of my favorites, especially when you are away camping in winter.
2 onions, Sliced
4 potatoes, cubed
1 tablespoon crushed ginger
1 tablespoon crushed garlic
3 tablespoon Curry Powder
1/4 cup of sultanas
1/4 cup of Cranberries
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- Fry up the sausage, until its brown
- Then add in your vegetables, and let them cook for a bit, remember to stir regularly .
- Then add in the ginger and garlic, sultanas, cranberries and brown sugar, and stir.
- Add in some water to top of the vegetables, and let simmer fo 30 mins and serve.
- Optional – add some green beans near the end of the cooking process.
- You can vary the amount of curry powder if the kids are tucking in, but for me, I like it hot!