G’day, guys, Trev here.
Products Trev Bought!
To use a brand new pre-seasoned camp oven, all you have to do is give it a wash, light oil and heat it up for a bit. You can follow this guide – Prepare a brand new camp oven
Let’s make my Aussie Beef Camp Oven Stew
Ok so this recipe is the one that my wife always cooks in the house, so it tried and tested and i absolutely love it, before i do anything I chop all my vegetables up and chunky pieces and put them into a bowl.
The vegetables I’m using today are Shallots, Potatoes, Pumpkin and sweet potatoes. You can use whatever vegetables you like.
Because I’m cooking a stew, it only needs bottom heat so you don’t need coals for on top of the camp oven, just be careful when using a tripod that you don’t have the oven too close to the bottom of the fire.
The next thing i like to do is put some oil in the bottom of the oven and coat the meat in some flour and brown it off. once it’s brown add in all of the vegetables and cover with 3 cups of water and let it simmer for 30 mins.
After forty minutes I like to give it a stir, top up the water and let it cook for forty minutes, then add some gravy and serve, enjoy my recipe.
This recipe is from Trev’s Life Youtube Channel – View Channel
Looking for a curry try Roothys Recipe
Aussie Beef Camp Oven StewCourse: MainCuisine: AustralianDifficulty: Easy
650 grams Diced Beef
A little bit of flour
Coarsely chopped up onion
Sliced Sweet Potatoes
Teaspoon of Turmeric
2 teaspoons of salt
2 teaspoons of keens curry
- Chop all of the vegetables up and put them into a bowl for later.
- Place the diced beef into a bowl, put a little bit of flour in the bowl and stir it up with a wooden spoon.
- Heat up some oil in a camp oven and fry off the meat for a couple of minutes be sure to give it a stir regularly.
- Add in the seasoning ingredients and stir in thoroughly.
- Pour all of the vegetables into the camp oven.
- Pour in three cups of water and let it simmer for 30mins.
- After 30 mins check it, and top up the water if needed and taste it to see if you need to add any more seasoning. Cover and leave for 40mins
- Remove the camp oven from the heat, Give it a stir and check that everything is cooked, make up 3 tablespoons of gravy powder in a cup stir and pour into the camp oven and stir.
- Let it simmer on some heat string it for 3 minutes and serve.
- Stews only require bottom heat.